Monday, March 3, 2014

How to install Accumulo on Centos 6 (64-bit) from scratch...


I wanted to install Apache Accumulo on my Windows laptop so that I can experiment with it and contribute to it.

If you plan to compile and run Accumulo, Windows is not a good option. If you don't have dedicated Linux box, you can download either VM Player or VirtualBox and your flavor of Linux ISO. I picked VMPlayer and CentOS 6.

I am going to provide you with step by step guidelines on how to set up your very own Apache Accumulo instance.

I am going to break the tutorial in several pieces:

5 comments:

  1. Al,

    I have a Vagrant setup for 1.5.1 available here:
    https://github.com/jschwartz73/Accumulo_1_5_0_By_Vagrant.git

    I'll try to update it with your 1.6.0-snapshot install.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeff,

      That's awesome!

      Please let me know if you need any help.

      Al

      Delete
  2. Al,

    I just updated the vagrant definition.

    It's not perfect, but it seems to be working with Accumulo 1.6.0-RC1

    Follow the directions here:
    https://github.com/jschwartz73/accumulo-devserver

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was really a nice article and i was really impressed by reading this Big data hadoop online training India

    ReplyDelete